If you have experienced any form of sexual violence and/or sexual harassment, please know that this is not your fault. You deserve to live a life of safety and respect and you are not alone.
Healing comes in a variety of forms as there is no single path for healing. Your feelings are valid and you are allowed to feel the way that is authentic to you. Please know that you are allowed to make decisions and choices that are best for you. You can decide whether you tell a friend or not. You can decide whether reporting is a safe option for you or not. You know you better than anyone, so it's okay to listen to what you need. Regardless of your decisions, please know that you have folks at CARE that want to help.
At CARE we provide a trauma-focused and holistic way of advocacy, support, empowerment, and healing. We are here to listen, support, and provide any options or resources that you seek. We aim to create a safe space that flourishes healing and empowerment. You don't have to hold it all by yourself, and when you are ready, we will be here.
Who we serve
UCLA undergraduate students, graduate students, staff, and faculty who identify as survivors of sexual violence, sexual harassment, and gender based violence.
Advocates can support with the following
• Crisis intervention and emotional support
• Resources/referrals for counseling, medical, legal, and other resources as needed
• Developing a safety plan
• Addressing academic, housing, and employment concerns
• Navigating the criminal justice system, Title IX, and/or the Student Conduct Process
• Accompaniment to police, Title IX, and/or Student Conduct interviews, meetings, and hearings
• Obtaining a No Contact Directive/Stay Away Order from the Dean of Students
• Obtaining a Restraining Order
• Healing and Empowerment
We encourage you to make an appointment with a CARE Advocate in advance by calling our main office line, 310-206-2465 or filling out the appointment request form on the website. The CARE Program is also offering limited in-person walk-in hours at our new location, 205 Covel Commons. Stop by our office during the following times to speak with a CARE Advocate:
Monday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Friday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.